Between the different Canary Islands one can also travel by ferry. The costs for travelling by ferry are usually lower than going by airplane.
Beside the good prices this also allows you to travel with your rental car. Ask the rental company if there are any special conditions! A disadvantage , compared to flying, could be that you have to change several times to get from one island to another. Gran Canaria has excellent ferry services between the islands and via Cadiz to the Spanish mainland. It is also possible to travel to Portugal (Portimao) and Madeira (Funchal).
With Naviera Armas you can go by ferry from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria to the other Canary Islands:
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to Lanzarote. Takes about seven hours away by night ferry, returning by day.
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera, not directly
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to La Palma, not directly
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to El Hierro, not directly
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to Funchal (Madeira)
- The ferry from Gran Canaria to Portimao (Portugal)
From Agaete you can take the fast ferry from Fred Olsen, in 60 minutes to Tenerife. The best way to travel for an excursion to the famous Loro Parque in Tenerife.
Here are some companies and websites you could consult:
Fred Olsen: www.fredolsen.es
Naviera Armas: www.navieraarmas.com